SWISS BATTERY DAYS 2020/21 & INDUSTRY DAY AFTERNOON
PSI, Empa, and BFH are inviting you to the SWISS BATTERY DAYS 2020/21 in honor of Prof. Dr. Petr Novák. The event will take place from February 15 to 17, 2021. iBAT has been asked to organize the afternoon of February 17th dedicated to the Swiss Battery Industry and as part of this event will present a first draft of the Swiss Battery Industry Stakeholders Map.
About the event
The aim of this event is to recognise achievements of Prof. Dr. Petr Novák and, at the same time, to provide young Swiss and European researchers, active in the field of battery materials and cell manufacturing, a platform to present their results and to connect to renowned battery researchers from Europe. The event offers a unique opportunity to strengthen and expand the network among and to the Swiss battery community. The Industry Day afternoon is organised by iBAT. The scope of the event ranges from the synthesis and characterisation of battery materials to their integration into electrodes and cells, including topics related to cell manufacturing and characterisation.
Program Industry Day afternoon
EU & CH initiatives to foster innovation
Development and funding opportunities for the European and Swiss battery industry
Opening by iBAT – introduction to the topic and expectations
Slot 1: EU initiatives promoting economic opportunities
- Industry perspective for a competitive European battery industry: initiatives, regulation and research framework – Claude Chanson, Managing Director RECHARGE
- Integrating national and European battery initiatives – lessons learned in Norway” – Fride Vullum-Bruer, Senior Research Scientist, SINTEF Energy
Slot 2: Strength, competences, identified needs and pain-points of the CH industry
- The Swiss battery manufacturing industry: opportunities and challenges – Kurt Belmans, Sales & Global Application Manager, Bühler AG
- E-Mobility: Challenges for Bus-Applications – Alex Naef, Geschäftsführer, Carrosserie HESS AG
- Business cases for batteries – How to make or save money with large-scale stationary storage systems – Corrado Di Stefano, Senior Originator, Alpiq AG
- Recycling of large amounts of lithium batteries – upcoming technical and economic challenges – Reinhardt Jodok, CEO, LIBREC
Slot 3: Map of CH stakeholders on the battery value chain
- Presentation of the Swiss value chain landscape and launch of stakeholder consultation for positioning paper, organized by iBAT
Closing and outlook
01.02.2021 – Registration closes
The conference will be held using Zoom platform. Links to the conference will be send a few days before the event. The talks and posters will be assigned after the review. Abstract submission is only valid after the registration for the conference is completed. The poster session will be held on Twitter, further instruction will come together with the acceptance notification.
Status: Ch. Ochsenbein / 2021-01-27